Frequently Asked Questions
How is transfer pricing integrated with international tax calculations?
Intercompany transactions are only entered once in VantagePoint and their impact is simultaneously accounted for the following purposes:
- BEPS CbCR
- Transfer Pricing Analytics
- Subpart F and Look-through Rules
- Forms 8975, 5471, 8858 and 8865
- Global Effective Tax Rate
How is Forte different from other top-tier professional service providers?
- Forte’s professionals have led Big Four international tax practices and their tax technology groups; and
- Have developed and utilize VantagePoint, the most comprehensive international tax software; – and
- Makes that software available for direct client use.
This marriage of expertise and software result in unmatched client value.
How is VantagePoint different from tax compliance software like CorpTax or OneSource?
There are several key differences, but the first is perspective. VantagePoint’s primary objective is global tax optimization and is not strictly U.S. focused. Other specific differences are:
- One single tax calculation database meaning that U.S. federal and international and non-U.S. tax computations are applied simultaneously – this is critically important for BEPS CbCR, transfer pricing analytics, repatriation planning, and GILTI/FDII computations.
- VantagePoint simplifies the process of performing what-if analysis and direct comparison of alternative scenarios.
- VantagePoint pricing is based on the modules used and is not dependent on the number of foreign corporations being processed.
Does VantagePoint produce E-fileable tax forms?
Yes – VantagePoint has full range of IRS approved e-fileable international tax forms registered through its affiliate Global Tax Solutions.
How do VantagePoint’s international tax forms get combined with other Federal and State compliance software?
All e-file provides have the ability to aggregate IRS approved e-fileable forms. VantagePoint licensees using VantagePoint for their international tax forms, invariably use a different provider their U.S. domestic and state returns. VantagePoint’s international tax forms, for example 8975, 5471, 8858, and 8865 are aggregated with their domestic compliance software and then transmitted directly to the IRS.
Does Forte work with other professional services firms?
Yes – our philosophy is great knowledge (including software) – fully shared!
Is it easy to load my company’s data?
Populating data in VantagePoint is quick and easy with a utility that allows you to import data from a variety of external sources.
How do I get data out of the system?
Simple export functions allow you to pull data out for quick reporting in Microsoft Excel® or in PDF format.
How are access rights managed?
Set your own user access rights through the “Administration” tab.
What are the system requirements to run VantagePoint?
The only requirement to access VantagePoint is Internet Explorer 8.0 and a user account.
Is VantagePoint secure?
VantagePoint is maintained on a server managed solely by Forte International Tax, LLC. It is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How are upgrades handled?
VantagePoint is accessed on a web-based platform. All updates are completed automatically on a regular basis. We are also proactive in updating data based on tax law changes, so your data is always current.
How often are new versions released?
Because technology and the tax industry are always changing, you can expect new releases on a regular basis to ensure peak performance and efficiency.